After first becoming a designated manager for Amagasaki City’s municipal housing in 2007, we accumulated management experience every year. Now we have a proven track record of management with 22 local governments and more than 100 thousand units of public housing.
By utilizing knowhow gained from the experience, we provide secure, safe and comfortable environment to the residents of public housing. Improvement of services and cost reduction will surely contribute to local governments’ management operations in line with their policies.
Management experience in other complex housing
In addition to the above, our group companies have over 99,000 units of condominiums under management. Since we are an independent building management company that doesn’t have a parent company such as developers, we have been striving for meeting high demanding customers’ needs on our own. That is why we are confident that we are able to provide high quality service to our customers.
Since we started taking part in the designated manager system at the early stage soon after the revision of the Local Autonomy Law, we are now one of the top players in the industry in terms of number of winning contracts.
Local governments (clients) and our operational bases
- Hokkaido Prefectural Housing Iburi Management Center
- Ota Ward Municipal Housing Management Center
- Toshima Ward Municipal Housing Management Services
- Hamamatsu Municipal Housing Management Center
- Hamamatsu Municipal Housing Northern Management Center
- Toyohashi Municipal Housing Management Center
- Okazaki Municipal Housing Management Center
- Shiga Prefectural Housing Management Center
- Otsu Municipal Housing Repair Center
- Osaka Prefectural Housing Murano Management Center
- Osaka prefectural Housing Neyagawa Management Center
- Osaka Prefecture Daito-horai Management Center
- Amagasaki Municipal Housing Southern Management Center
- Ashiya Municipal Housing Management Center
- Kobe Municipal Housing Eastern Management Center
- Kobe Municipal Housing Hyogo Nagata Management Center
- Itami Municipal Housing Management Center
- Akashi Municipal Housing Repair Center
- Okayama Municipal Housing Management Center
- Tokushima Prefectural Housing PFI Management Center
- Kochi Municipal Housing Management Center
- Matsuyama Municipal Housing Management Center
- Fukuoka Municipal Housing Management Center Minami Ward Management Office
- Kumamoto Municipal Housing Management Center
- Kumamoto Prefectural Housing Management Center
- Kumamoto Prefecture Kosa-machi Public Housing Management Center
|No||Clients||Number of units under management|
|7||Osaka Prefecture (Moriguchi, Neyagawa, Kadoma City)||10,840units|
|8||Osaka Prefecture (Murano)||1,100units|
|9||Osaka Prefecture (Daito-horai)||1,455units|
|15||Tokushima municipal housing PFI||300units|
|18||Fukuoka City (Minami Ward)||2,812units|
|21||Kosa-machi *Settlement Promoting Housing||60units|
Otsu Municipal Housing Repair Center
Repair service for Otsu municipal housing
Akashi Municipal Housing Repair Center
Repair service for Akashi municipal housing
Public Housing Management Division, Kanto Office
Management and proposal services for Toshima Ward municipal housing
Management and operational services for JICA corporate housing
UR Nishiguchi Housing Complex for Singles
UR Moriguchimae Housing Complex for Singles
UR Higashi-Nakadera Housing Complex for Singles
UR Tsukuno Housing Complex for Singles
Management services for housing complex for singles in Higashi-Nakadera and 3 others
|Name of service||Clients||Number of units under management|
|Management and proposal services for Toshima Ward municipal housing||Toshima Ward||663units|
|Management and operational services for JICA corporate housing||The Japan International Cooperation Agency||153units|
|Repair service for Otsu municipal housing||Otsu City||2,953units|
|Repair service for Akashi municipal housing||Akashi City||2,087units|
|Name of service||Clients||Name of housing complex||Number of units under management|
|Management services for housing complex for singles in Higashi-Nakadera and 3 others||Urban Renaissance Agency||Nishijin||79units|
|Management services for housing complex for singles in Higashi-Nakadera and 3 others||Urban Renaissance Agency||Moriguchi-ekimae||92units|
|Management services for housing complex for singles in Higashi-Nakadera and 3 others||Urban Renaissance Agency||Higashi-Nakadera||120units|
|Management services for housing complex for singles in Higashi-Nakadera and 3 others||Urban Renaissance Agency||Tsukuno||103units|
in other complex housing
In addition to the above, our group companies have over 99,000 units under management. Since we are an independent building management company that doesn’t have a parent company such as developers, we have been striving for meeting high demanding customers’ needs on our own. That is why we are confident that we are able to provide high quality service to our customers.
manager system contracts,
we also receive other contracts from
We undertake housing management and other services from local governments and contribute to labor reduction of the officials.
Management policies cultivated from our experience
We provide suitable management in line with appropriate managing policies drawn from our experience of managing more than 100 thousand units.
- Compliance with related laws/regulations, and honest/fair management
- In order to achieve the objective of the Public Housing Act, we provide knowhow gained from our wide experience, and manage municipal housing in an honest and fair manner as public facilities should be.
- Understanding and implementation of municipal measures and policies
- Properly understanding the policies and agenda set out in each city’s general plan, basic plan for housing and housing stock utilization plan, etc., we work together with the local governments to meet their needs in cooperation with related parties.
- Services to the tenants and residents
- With the designated manager system, we provide administrative services to residents on behalf of the local government’s officials. Under this system, we provide sincere and high-quality service with good manners and prompt responses as public servants.
- Safe and secure public housing
- Needless to say, public housing is a facility that directly affects the tenants’ lives, and therefore we must ensure their safety and security for 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. We believe that it is our mission to assure that we promptly response to repair requests and implement appropriate disaster risk management in daily operation.
- Appropriate expenditure and return to residents
- One of the objectives of introducing the designated manager system is to reduce expenses. In public housing management, we try to place orders to local companies for reasonable prices and we utilize our knowhow on building management so that we can achieve maximum effect with a limited budget for the benefit of entire residents.
Knowhow accumulated by circa 300 dedicated staff
Management of public housing requires specialized knowhow.
At Nippon Kanzai, about 300 staff who are equipped with knowledge and manners through trainings are involved in management of public housing.
In seek of optimal expenditure based on technology and vast amount of data
In public housing management alone, we handle 2 billion-yen worth of repair work each year. We know what appropriate prices are, so we can reduce costs based on data.
Track records of repair work
■Ordinary/Urgent repair work
・Average cost per unit: 14,000 yen
・Number of units: 30〜40％ of all units under management
・Average repair work cost: 40,000〜50,000 yen
■Repair work on unoccupied house
・Average cost per unit: 400,000〜500,000 yen
(it depends on the specifications and rent category of tenants)
Cost per unit
|Repair of unoccupied house
Cost per unit
|Ｂ (special ward)||18||1,085|
|Ｃ (core city)||14||599|
|Ｄ (core city)||14||－|
|Ｆ (core city)||20||－|
|Ｈ (core city)||15||692|
|Ｉ (core city)||73||－|
|Ｊ (other city)||15||509|
|Ｋ (designated city)||14||604|
|Ｌ (other city)||9||458|
|Ｍ (core city)||13||963|
|Ｎ (core city)||13||－|
|Ｏ (designated city)||11||218|
Shift to preventive maintenance
Partly due to a budget shortfall in public housing management, maintenance tends to be performed ex post facto. By focusing on the need and by replacing equipment before its durable life expiration, we can reduce urgent repair work in the future because once the equipment’s useful life expires, it will be urgent repair and it will cost more to replace equipment.
We will visit you and provide you with an approximate estimate sheet based on data.
We offer free-of-charge consulting service based on our experience and knowhow.
Want to know more about introducing the designated manager system, outsourcing the management of public housing or the procedures are not clear? Want to see whether it will really make a difference? Have other requests?
Feel free to contact us for consultation.
Want to reduce maintenance and repair costs for facilities? You can also outsource a part of the tasks to us.
If you have decided not to introduce the designated manager or if overall effects are not sufficient, we can also undertake comprehensive management with other facilities, or only some of the service lines which are beneficial. Please feel free to contact us.